Good morning to all of you who live in and around the San Antonio area. I would like to share some things with you regarding the hail storm last night. Listed below is a list of things to do and not do regarding any damage you may have on your property including your roof.
1. Call your insurance company and schedule an appointment with them to inspect your roof, home, and automobiles.
2. DO NOT SIGN ANY AGREEMENTS WITH ANY ROOFING COMPANIES AT THIS TIME.
3. Only deal with Local Roofing companies which you can validate are Licensed, Bonded, have a website to validate they are an established company.
4. Do not give anyone a check or cash for a deposit to guarantee you will not have to wait 6-9 months to have your roof installed.
5. Have them show you their license and then go online and validate this is true.
6. San Antonio Contractors are required to have an FBI background check before you can get a license.
7. Once you select a company, ask them to be present when the Insurance adjuster inspects your home and property. The reason this is important is so the insurance company knows you have an experienced contractor there to make sure they do a complete inspection and hold them accountable for taking time to inspect your roof correctly
8. Who ever you choose, should not ask for a deposit, however they should give you a written estimate for the scope of work as well as their own guarantee their company offers you in addition to the manufacturer’s warranty. The reason to only deal with local companies is if you have issues with your roof in 2-5 years, you will be able to contact them and know they will honor their guarantee.
9. Most contractors will not ask for any funds until the roof is completed. They may ask you to sign an agreement so they know you are serious about working with you so you can set them up on a date on the calendar for their roof installation to be scheduled.
10. Most homes even with hail damage will still protect you in the short term 6-12 months without leaking. Long term if the roof is not replaced if it has hail damage will start to have problems if not addressed within a couple of years
11. Do Not Allow Them to Scare you Into Needing this done immediately. Your insurance will validate the scope of damage you have and a time period you should have the work completed. Most of them would like it done within 1-2 years.
I Hope this will help all of you who may not have experienced hail damage on your roof or property before. The Storm Chasers will come to this area with Salesmen who’s only purpose is to get you to sign an agreement, and lock you in with little time to Check them out. This is intentional. Please do not allow this to happen to you. I appreciate you taking time to read this information and will be glad to answer any questions you may have regarding your home.
A Roof 4 U