Whether you are getting a new home custom-built for yourself or renovating the existing one, choosing the right roofing material is imperative. The significance of the roofing material goes beyond the visual essence of the home. The material that you choose for roofing would affect the durability of the roof, as well as several other factors. For roofing solutions, slate tile is one of the best materials. At A Roof 4 You, you deliver various roofing and re-roofing solutions.
Why is slate tile roofing a good option?
Slate tile is a relatively less popular roofing material. However, this is mostly because most homeowners are unaware of the effectiveness of slate tile as a roofing material. Here are some of the reasons while slate tile roofing is a smart choice.
- Durability. Slate is surprisingly resilient and durable against weathering elements. This is largely because slate is a homogeneous rock that first originates from volcanic eruptions as shale and then undergoes metamorphosis. Thus, the material is already millions of years old and is incredibly strong. You may expect a slate tile roof to last anything between 75 years and 100 years.
- Safety. Slate tile is completely fire resistant. This means that your home would be safe in case sparks from wildfires, fireworks or nearby house fires land on your home. The water absorption rate of slate is extremely low. Thus, it would not only remain unaffected by water but is also unlikely to freeze and crack harsh winters.
- Style. Slate tile roofing comes with a subtle yet elegant look. The best part about this roofing material is that one can customize it to a great extent. These tiles are available in numerous dimensions, which enables one to design a roof in various ways. You can also choose from various colors, including green, red, grey, black, purple, etc. Considering that you get an expert to design it, a slate tile roof would look absolutely stunning.
- Low maintenance. One of the key concerns for homeowners while choosing a roofing material are the maintenance costs. This is because over time, maintenance costs can really add up to huge expenses. Thankfully, slate tile roofing almost requires no maintenance at all. You only have to wash the roof once in a while and look for any loose or broken tiles.
- Eco-friendliness. There are several ways in which slate is more eco-friendly than other roofing materials. Firstly, it would keep your home cooler in summer and warmer in winter as slate is very dense and does not allow much heat to pass. This would reduce the energy consumption in heating and cooling your home. As slate occurs naturally, it does not require as much industrial processing as the other materials.
Thus, slate tile roofing solutions are indeed one of your best options, taking all these advantages into consideration. You may call A Roof 4 You at (210) 643-6507 if you wish to get slate tile roofing installed on your home. We can provide you with customized solutions based on your needs.