The roof is the most essential part of any building, specially our house. It protects us from rain, snow, storms and all other weather conditions that can harm us. It is essential that we take care of this part of the house and maintain it properly so it can last long and keep protecting us from the vagaries of climate. Be it your house or your commercial space, one must keep all the drains clean and remove any debris if stuck. You must also keep a professional roof repairing company handy so that you are prepared for all kinds of emergencies.
There are so many other things to consider when you talk about roof maintenance and we have compiled a list of seven essential ones to help you get by and improve the life of your roof. These preventive maintenance hacks by ARoof4You should be in your back pocket as they will surely enable you to keep the roof in a good shape.
What all should be avoided?
- Walking on the roof – Unless you are in the trade, it is essential that you avoid walking on the roof. Your weight can damage the roof and any accidental step will result in unrepairable damage to you as well. Install walking pads if it is necessary for you to walk on top.
- Letting your roof get dirty – Ignoring the debris on your roof will prove damaging for it. Twigs, leaves and even rocks thrown by kids can collect on the rooftop, wash down the drains and clog the whole drainage system. Any clog will only escalate the deterioration of your roof. Storms and strong winds always deposit ton of debris on the roof hence you should get it cleaned once the weather is normal.
- Snow on the roof – Having fun with snow is ok and all but you should know that snow is not your roof’s friend. If it is not removed regularly, the accumulated weight of snow can become too much to handle for the roof supports. Also, the snow is essentially water hence it needs to be removed as soon as you can.
What all should be done?
- Repair any seepage immediately – The roof not only protects but it also houses air ducts and electrical wires underneath it. Once the leaking roofs gives way for the water to enter those ducts and wires, the repair costs will shoot up like anything. Get professionals to help you while the leak is small.
- Regular inspection is warranted – If you live in an old house or have rented an old commercial property then checking your roof is mandatory. Get help, it is usually free to get your roof inspected.
- Ensure rooftop equipment is okay – AC units tend to leak and damage the roof. Chimneys might develop cracks and weaken the structure. Keeping vents sealed and equipment functioning well is essential for the longevity of your roof.
- Hire only professionals to aid you in any roof top service you require.
ARoof4You professional crew will put your repair and inspection needs in a schedule so that you do not have to worry about these little things. For any questions, you can contact us through email of over the phone.