Inspecting your roof from time to time delivers benefits homeowners generally tend to overlook. With more rain pouring in during the warmer days, several related problems may creep into your home. Besides, your AC would be operating overtime with an undetected leak on your roof. This explains why you need to carry out a roof inspection and seek professional assistance when required. Ignoring issues that are seemingly minor today may lead to cumulative expenses in the coming months.
Apart from severe storms, you have accumulated debris, hail damage, and rain testing the strength of your roof. At ARoof4You, our roof repair experts ensure a cost-effective solution for any possible leaks or damage to your roof.
Roof inspection checklist
- Rusted spots or cracked caulk on flashing
- Broken or missing shingles
- Blistering, curling, or buckling shingles
- Worn-off or cracked rubber boots around the vent pipes
- Damaged or missing chimney cap
- Lichen or moss masses, indicating decaying roof underneath
Here’s how you should inspect your roof
- Loss of granules. Granules are the textures you have on your shingles. Look out for any possible loss of these textures, or granules. This would indicate that your shingles are aging, and you need to replace them. Besides, this might indicate that severe weather has affected your roof. Under these conditions, it’s wise to get across to a roof repair company.
- Damaged or missing shingles. Missing shingles expose your roof to the elements of weather directly. During the roof inspection process, check out whether you have any damaged or missing shingles. Remember, ignoring such issues can eventually lead to roof damage, mounting your expenses. This explains why the roof replacement experts recommend their clients to examine their roofs at regular intervals. You can keep the expenses to the minimum when you contact the professionals early on.
- Check out your attic. If you are having an attic, chances are high that you might overlook it during the roof inspection process. In case of storm damage, water may be leaking in through the roof. Therefore, you need to check out the wooden interiors and rafters of the roof, looking for signs of rot, mold, or moisture. At times, certain damages or water leakage spots are not visible from other places. Eventually, you can spot the issue and hire roofing experts to get the issue fixed.
- Look out for algae, moss, or leaves. While carrying out your roof inspection, take care to look out for algae, moss, or leaves. Even piled-up leaves may inflict serious damage to the roof. These leaves tend to trap moisture. This can eventually seep into the space under the shingles or the structural parts of the roof. Algae and moss grow in these sheltered spaces, soaking up rainwater. Besides, moisture decays the wooden structure under the roof. In the end, you might end up weakening the roof’s structural integrity.
Reach out to the roofing experts at ARoof4You for roof maintenance and repair services. You may call us at (210) 643-6507, or fill this online form up for us to get back.